VPN Software and Configuration

For discussions and questions related to General Networking guides and labs on routeralley.com.

VPN Software and Configuration

Postby hallai » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:56 am

Could somebody possibly tell me the easiest way to deploy Client to site VPN's using the Barracuda Client.

ie: can a login page be presented where the user could essentially download the client and config for ease of use?
hallai

Re: VPN Software and Configuration

Postby flexiblebear » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:57 am

Unfortunately the other VPN options don't support 2FA directly because there's no client UI to be able show multiple password steps. There is a workaround in that you can have the other options require an active web session in order to connect. This would make your users have to go through all of your desired 2FA steps in order to open the web UI, and at that point they can launch a full VPN which authenticates with their password only.
flexiblebear

Postby cevawhicker » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:58 am

flexiblebear wrote:Unfortunately the other VPN options don't support 2FA directly because there's no client UI to be able show multiple password steps. There is a workaround in that you can have the other options require an active web session in order to connect. This would make your users have to go through all of your desired 2FA steps in order to open the web UI, and at that point they can launch a full VPN which authenticates with their password only.

I already tried on two computers: desktop with Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10 and laptop with factory pre-installed Windows 10 with identical results. Both computers are up to date with Windows patches. I am able to log-in with Firefox but IE and Edge somehow do not submit their client certificate.
More Information distance entre deux ville
cevawhicker

Postby hallai » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 am

which certificate type are you using? If you're using internal certificates (where the CA is stored on your SSL VPN and certificates generated from it) and you only started using this feature in 2.6.2.1, then you may be affected by a bug we've found in 2.6.2.1 and fixed in 2.6.2.2 (currently at 25% EA, if you don't have access to this firmware then I can arrange that for you).
hallai

Postby flexiblebear » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 am

hallai wrote:which certificate type are you using? If you're using internal certificates (where the CA is stored on your SSL VPN and certificates generated from it) and you only started using this feature in 2.6.2.1, then you may be affected by a bug we've found in 2.6.2.1 and fixed in 2.6.2.2 (currently at 25% EA, if you don't have access to this firmware then I can arrange that for you).

I cannot say if IE and Edge on Windows 10 worked before firmware upgrade because I never tried to configure such a client in the past - I had only Mac, XP and Win 7 clients and they continue to work fine.
flexiblebear

Postby cevawhicker » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:59 am

This isn't related to your SSL server certificate (which is probably the one you're referring to when you say you have one signed by GoDaddy), but a separate Certificate Authority certificate that may have been created on your SSL VPN.
More Information distance entre deux ville
cevawhicker

Postby smithgenny » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:12 am

Before I had my own experience I would not have been known to this. But before I fix Error Code 0X80071A90 I faced multiple problems with the VPN software and its configuartion.
smithgenny

Postby johnlennon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:08 am

Instagram is available for free on iOS and Android devices. Get start with Instagram video downloader now.
johnlennon

Postby Jonsnow » Fri May 10, 2019 4:41 am

I had my own struggle I would not have been known to this. Before I fix Error Code 0X80071A90 I faced multiple problems due to this with the VPN software.
Jonsnow

Postby ElianaBryson » Fri May 17, 2019 7:15 am

I use CyberGhost personally but it gives access to 5 people at a time because we are a small marketing team as other uses teams use different other VPNs. It works like a charm but some of its ips have gotten ban too.
Eliana Bryson
Community Manager
Chicago Web Design
ElianaBryson

Return to General Networking