ccna

I before E, except after CCIE. For general certification discussions.

ccna

Postby wail » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:34 pm

thank you for that board
i need help what i can do to pass ccna that mean how i can start ?
wail

Re: ccna

Postby aaronbalchunas » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:33 am

Hello Wail,

You really need three things to adequately prepare for the CCNA. First, you need a good book – the Cisco Press CCNA books are very good, as is Todd Lammle’s Sybex book. You can supplement the book with online resources such as my site.

Second, you need some form of (legal) testing software to help hammer home the concepts. My recommendation is Boson – their tests are a bit expensive, but very thorough, and do a good job of explaining why the right answer is right, and wrong answers are wrong. Self-Test Software is another alternative.

Last, you need some method of practicing IOS configuration. You have two choices – you can use simulation software, such as Cisco’s Packet Tracer. Or, you can try to build a small and (hopefully) inexpensive lab to practice with. Older Cisco routers such as the 25xx series should be available cheaply on ebay.

Those three things, and a lot of hard work, are your best bets for prepping for the CCNA. Oh, and a CCNA class doesn’t hurt either. :)

Best of luck with your studies.

- Aaron
aaronbalchunas
Site Admin

Postby wail » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:52 pm

dear aaron
thank you for your answer i well folows your instruction
wail

Postby cinnaraisnbagel » Wed May 28, 2014 2:31 pm

I know this post is originally quite old but I have a related question.

If you look all over eBay and other places the lab kits range all over the board in terms of what hardware is included and in what quantity. What do you recommend as a minimum in terms of different types of hardware (routers and switches) and quantities of each?

Thanks Aaron!
Rob
cinnaraisnbagel

Return to Phase 1: Collect Certifications. Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit.